1. Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly.
2. Check if you SIM card has 3G/GPRS/UTMS network service enabled and check if your USB modem can support that network service.
3. Check the username / password / APN / Phone Number with your 3G telecom service provider to ensure the information are is correct.
4. Check to see if the PIN code is disabled. If not, please disable it.
5. Check if you choose the correct 3G modem model or brand in "Modem" list.
That is because your 3G router or device was assigned with a private IP instead of a public IP. That blocks the connection to the Internet.
To test this case, open a browser on a PC, make sure the needed ports were opened on the 3G router and type a public IP following with port number such as http://public IP:port By doing so you should be able to access your 3G router or internal device.
The following are scenarios that may block the connection to the Internet:
• Some ISPs may offer the private IP address for the 3G modem beginning with 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x. 192.168.x.x. In this case, the 3G Router and internal server cannot be directly visited from external network as the private IP address is not available on Internet.
Note: The following IP range belongs to private IP:
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
• Incorrect Dial Number and APN settings may make the router receive a private IP address. Please contact your ISP to verify the Dial Number and APN.
• Call ISP to apply a public IP address for your 3G router.
• Some appropriate ports for your 3G router must be open on the ISP’s root router. E.g. port 80(WEB) or port 4128(FTP).
The following is an example to describe the information you need and ask your ISP to provide for all necessary settings and assistance:
“I have Linux system with 3G module. I need to get online or web access through 3G SIM Card. I want to “OPENED” my TCP/IP ports 80 and 4128 for my incoming connection. Also I must have a “PUBLIC IP”. Meanwhile, I need to know more about username / password / APN / dialing phone number and 3G service. “